UPDATED ON 04/13:
While the official Acts 29 Church Planting Sunday is Sunday, April 18th, CCC will be celebrating in our local body on Sunday, April 25th.
Cedar City Church is a church plant that is a part of a church planting network called Acts 29. A29 is a global network of churches that are serious about church planting. A29 is having the first-ever annual Church Planting Sunday on April 18, 2021 and we invite you to join us in celebrating what God is doing in CCC and church plants around the world.
Check out the Church Planting Sunday digital brochure below and keep reading for more on Acts 29 Network.
A Little About Acts 29 Network
- Acts 29 is not a denomination; it’s a global network for churches serious about church planting. There’s an African proverb that says, “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” The Acts 29 global community knows we can best bring the gospel to the ends of the earth when we do it in partnership with churches who share our passion for making disciples of all nations. Our efforts are multiplied and our God is glorified when we work together to advance his kingdom on earth.
- They are made up of nearly 700 member churches (and counting!) in more than 50 countries. On any given Sunday, Acts 29 members are worshiping in nearly 30 languages!
- They recruit, train, assess, and holistically support churches, church leaders, and church planters to plant healthy, multiplying churches. They partner with believers around the world to plant churches in all contexts—suburban, urban, rural, and everything in-between—and in any place where Jesus is neither named nor known.
- They believe the church is God’s primary mission strategy on earth. Therefore, being faithful to the Great Commission’s call to make disciples means being passionate about church planting.
- Local churches stand as a trusted presence in a community, offering hope and help amid trials and tragedies, proclaiming Christ and seeing lives transformed by his gospel and for his glory. As more healthy, multiplying churches are planted, Christ’s kingdom on earth is advanced. This is the beauty of church planting.
5 Distinctives of Acts 29
- They are passionate about gospel centrality.
- They enthusiastically embrace the sovereignty of God’s grace in saving sinners.
- They recognize and rest upon the necessity of the empowering presence of the Holy Spirit for all life and ministry.
- They are deeply committed to the spiritual and moral equality of men and women, and to men as responsible servant-leaders in both home and church.
- They embrace a missionary understanding of the local church and its role as the primary means by which God chooses to establish his kingdom on earth.